Sunday, January 12, 2014

keefk baby

Because my little goslings I am pathetic and needy I changed my whatsapp profile pic to a somewhat sultry picture of myself with pouty lips and heavy eyeliner. This is what I've been reduced to, when I'm bored I like to temporary put a picture that is sexy and then go to sleep. And like magic when I awake my phone is filled with messages. After a week long silence from the kid he sent me my favorite traditional Saudi male kharoof greeting of "keefk baby". He was just letting me know he was going to Dubai for 3 days with his brother, how wonderful I'll be sure to stop the press and alert everyone. That warranted no response but to change avatars in all apps to some melancholy quote about pain or loss so they know you saw it but are ignoring them. The subtle art of ignoring, why can't we just grow up.

My poor mother has been having a rough time with her boss so my sister and I sent her flowers from her favorite florist to her work. This year isn't off to an awful start but I feel like I have to start doing things differently if I want to change. It's hard without having closure but I'm trying to just let it go. I have how social networks keep you constantly updated unless you decide to delete and block which is so much effort. I don't want to delete my accounts but I don't want to see your face anymore. Dilemmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment