Friday, November 29, 2013

sanksgiving

Hello darling, I had the most delightful family dinner after a rough week. My mom cooked a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings, which she hasn't done in ages. Why does having a man make us revert back to the 1950's and have dinner on the table and his shirts ironed? As the fall semesters come to a close I know who's already booked their tickets home because of the invitations I've gotten for travel and parties. Don't lieee you know you wanna get some before you go home ya kalb (dog in Arabic). I got a message out of the blue from an old friend who felt I jilted him. What is it about the holidays that makes all the ghosts of Christmas past come back to haunt you?

Between the all expenses paid offers to go to Qatar and Dubai I feel annoyed with everything. I want genuine love. Everything else just will not do, I'm bored with the kid. He confessed he thinks I don't really love him. Gee what was the dead giveaway my lack of calls or messages. He's a sweetheart he really is, just I don't have the patience to hold his hand during the duration of his stay in my country. The jilted one reminded me that his offer to marry me still stands despite everything he still loves me. I like him honestly and he speaks excellent English. I miss our conversations and how we used to make in fun of each other. I told him to give me two years and if I can find no one else then he will have to do. To which he replied "mashallah hayati you never try to spare my feeling". The only faults I find him is that he smokes heavily and is from Jeddeh with no plans of relocating. I had to remind him that if he married me he would risk losing his scholarship and our marriage would not be recognized in his country. You can't play a player. We are both too old for this run around. Unless he has a wasta it would take forever and our application could be rejected from his government. It's best to have a good knowledge of the rules when playing.

Once everyone is nestled safely back in their proper countries of residence I can breathe a sigh of relief. For the new year I'm going to have to make big changes in my life. I know a lot of people won't make the cut. In the end you must do what's best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment