I swear modern technology will be the death of all that is good and pure. I can't count the number of times I've gotten random tango requests from people I don't know and some of them I know I didn't add them so I have no idea how they are connected to me. For those of you decent people who have yet to be corrupted tango is a video face time application for smartphones. This is the part where it gets weird I dodged a couple of marriage bullets and the most painful for sure was from the older guy. Now over the course of the relationship there was a period where his brother came to stay with us. In looks they are complete opposites, he was skinny and had a dark complexion along with some scarring. His brother who was two years younger is tall, fair skinned, and more muscular. If you saw them next to each other you would have to really look to see the resemblance. What was beautiful about them to me was their eyes. The shape was more almond I don't really know how to describe it. Anyway his brother is a true bedouin always in the desert with his falcon. The month he was with us was one of the happiest in my memory until it got awkward.
Looking back some things were not normal and I don't know if I was honestly that deep in denial or just clueless. My boyfriend at the time would get in one of his moods and take to his bed. Leaving me and his brother to entertain ourselves. We would play pool and watch television it wasn't until I found him studying my from across the table or room that I realized maybe a line was crossed. At dinners he would take my drink, switch plates with me, tug on my hair or earring, and grab my hand. It was all playful but I thought it odd. I mentioned something about it to his brother and he said that it's nice how close we all are. Usually Arabic men are very protective to the point of being possessive so this is a red flag. Now that its been a while I can see things I was blinded too, and I spent a lot of time trying to be someone else and trying to please everyone around me. So I tried to backpedal and I started acting cold towards his brother hoping he would quit it.
Fast forward to now and years later his brother still messages me on whatsapp and tries to face time with me. I don't know if its boredom or what but I told him its not acceptable for us to talk like this. I know for a fact he is a married and has a child. What does everyone want to have their cake and eat it too? He told me that since he saw me he can't forget me and I can't help but think how strange the whole situation is. I almost married his brother what a fiasco that would have been. It reads like a bad joke, and I even blocked him a few times when I found he saved all my profile pictures from different apps. Funny how romantic someone can try to be when they are married. If a guy has 3 phones get rid of him asap. Arabic men from the gulf in general, they are really lovely when they want something. They love a chase, a game, cat and mouse. I used to like to play too until I got burned.
No comments:
Post a Comment